Saturday, February 27, 2016

The World of Etan

Etan was my original roleplaying game world. At first, I ran it using first edition AD&D - back in the dark ages, when the PHB first came out, but starting before the publication of the DMG. Then, The Fantasy Trip came out - TFT, the prehistoric ancestor to GURPS. I killed off all the gods, fast-forwarded the world a thousand years, and switched systems.

TFT went out of print, and I had developed a fat wad of house rules. So I created a “TFT Private Edition” - a rewrite that incorporated my various house-rules. And then, I decided to rewrite it a second time as “System Etan,” a TFT based home-brew game customized to fit my world of Etan. For better or worse, it’s turned into a very long-running work-in-progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment